A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - June 30,2013

BREAKING RULES

 
But do not use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh... For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” – Galatians 5:13-14
 
While riding in a taxi cab in another country, I was reviewing with my three-year-old daughter the meaning of the colors on the traffic light. We together exclaimed, “Green means... go! Red means... stop!” And just as we approached the intersection, the yellow light flashed, and our driver sped away. I jokingly said, “Yellow means... go faster!” My daughter was perplexed. I assured her afterwards that what she knew was correct — yellow means “slow down.” I had to explain to her that the driver wasn’t following the rules.
       People break rules because they know they won’t get caught. People break rules thinking that what they do does not affect those around them. But rules are made for our own good, and for the good of those around us. Some rules are laws that govern how we conduct ourselves in public. Some rules are unspoken, but deal with matters of the heart. In big and little things, in the office, in school, on the road, or in our homes, let us choose to use our freedom to do what is right, and take each chance we get to love others the way God wants us to. Geraldine G. Catral (teachergeegee@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Today, in what ways will you love your neighbor as you love yourself?
 
O Lord, help me to serve and love those around me just as You want me to. Holy Spirit, help me to always choose what is pure, and good, and right. Amen.
 
The First Martyrs of the Church of Rome, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive