A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - January 3,2013


Whose Child Are You?
 
Beloved, we are God’s children now... – 1 John 3:2
 
For a long time, I had repressed my temper because I saw its negative effect in my family’s history. But age has a way of making one more accepting of oneself. So a time came when, instead of reining in my temper, I let it go. It was liberating for a time but it was tiring too, not to mention the hurt I caused others. I found myself praying, “Lord, please give me the grace to control my temper. I can’t do it on my own.”
God did, in the way He knows how. I’m a regular Bible reader and His Word is important to me. One day, as I was reading my Bible, the words “Blessed are the peacemakers for they are called children of God” leapt out of the page. If peacemakers are called children of God, then what do you call those who cause quarrel and conflict? I thought. Oh no! Children of... oh no!
I prayed, “Lord, help me to control my temper from now on. I don’t want to be anyone else’s child but Yours.”
Our life must reflect our belief if we are to be truly called children of God. I had to face that truth on that day and I continue to do so with the choices I make every day. Joy Sosoban (jsosoban@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)
 
Dearest Jesus, I find my strength in You. Help me to live out my faith.
St. Genevieve, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive