A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - January 17,2013


Harden not your hearts
 
If today you would hear his voice, harden not your hearts. – Hebrew 3:7-8
 
Five years ago I heard the voice of the Lord calling me to serve in our community. The council asked me to discern if I really wanted to take the position as one of the leaders. Hesitation filled me as I discerned. Questions like, “Am I capable? Am I worthy of that position?” besieged me like waves testing my boat of faith.
Almost a month had passed when I finally came to a decision — I passed my letter of intent to the coordinator. I said yes to the Lord.
Looking back, it’s a good thing I listened to His call. During my years of service, He revealed His plans to me. I expanded my territories, enhanced my speaking skills and created new relationships.
Maybe God is asking you to make a decision right now. Or maybe you are being pushed beyond your comfort zone. Your mind is uncertain, doubtful if you can do it. But, friend, if the Lord calls you to do something, trust Him with your all. “If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts.” Jan Carlo Silan (jan@makatifeast.com)
 
Reflection: God calls every single one of us to do His will. Have you freely opened your heart and soul to His voice?
 
Lord, grant me the courage to say yes to Your call and the faith to strongly believe that You are with me every step of the way. Amen.
 
St. Anthony, abbot, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive