A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - January 30,2013


NO GRUDGES
 
I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds... Their sins and their evildoing I will remember no more. – Hebrews 10:16-17
 
The children in my third grade Christian Living Education class will be receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the first time. Preparing them for the big day has been interesting and heartwarming.
Here are some things my students have asked over the course of our preparation: Is there any sin that God won’t forgive? If someone commits a mortal sin, and years later decides he wants to be with God again, will God forgive him? What if someone commits a sin over and over, but then wants to be with God later on?
It’s wonderful to be able to tell them what a loving and merciful God we have. I get teary-eyed when I share that, unlike us, He never holds grudges. He’s always ready to forgive and forget. When I say these things to my eight-year-old students, smiles break out and eyes light up in awe. A bit of the nervousness that comes with First Confession melts away.
As adults, we sometimes forget what a happy occasion Confession really is. Remember, once we come to Him, no matter what we have done, He forgives us and remembers our sins no more. Geraldine G. Catral (teachergeegee@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: When was the last time you went to a priest to confess your sins? Celebrate God’s healing love today!
 
Lord, thank You for the Sacrament of Reconciliation that You make available to us. Through it, we receive Your healing grace.
 
St. Hyacintha of Mariscotti, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive