A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 28, 2012


IN THE EYE OF THE STORM
 
Jesus was in the back of the boat, sleeping with His head on the pillow… and He said to the waves, “Be still!”… and there was great calm. – Mark 4:38, 39
 
When I was two years old, I got sick of polio. My right foot shrank. During elementary, I used a brace up to my chest. It was difficult. Every time I went to the toilet, I had to remove it. When a screw got lost, I had to be carried. In high school, I startedusing a cane. Goodbye, brace!
All my life, I will be living with my physical challenge. This is one of the storms in my life. It has brought me limitations and pain. There are things I want to do that I can’t, like the exercises and games in my P.E. classes or mountain climbing. But God shows me how to appreciate life in spite of this. He turns my storm into a blessing.
As I continue to grow in my personal relationship with Him, He leads me out of my shell and helps me accomplish things I have never done before. He uses my handicap to inspire others.
In facing my storm, I just had to stay in its eye where I can rest in God and let Jesus say to my waves of challenges, “Be still!” Ma. Luisa A. De la Cruz (theessence_byluisa@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
What kind of storm are you now facing in your life? Are you at peace despite your challenge, trusting that God will bring stillness?
 
Dearest God, increase my faith in You. Despite my challenges in life, may I remain trusting that You will keep me safe and provide for my needs.
 
St. Thomas Aquinas, priest and doctor of the Church, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive