A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 2, 2012

A clear image of god

Be sure, then, to keep in your hearts the message you heard from the beginning. – 1 John 2:24

ACT 1
Creator: I create you in my image. You have dominion over the earth.
ACT 2
Created One: Lord, I have no suitable partner.
Creator: Of your rib, I create one. But this I made different – I threw in a fragile ego.
Between us girls, we have to make him believe he came first.
This short play is my tongue-in-cheek take on the story of creation. It draws a different, feminist picture of God and gives a funny twist to the tale of man’s (or woman’s) beginnings.
Seriously now, what’s your image of God? Is He a distant God up in the heavens or a loving parent whose spirit is with you every day? Is He a wrathful God who sends personal thunderbolts when you sin or a forgiving One who sent His only son to save you?
We may not have a clear image of what God looks like but as Christians let’s have a clear image of His heart. His heart is in His words given in the Bible. The message of the Bible is constant from beginning to end. It’s a message of love and mercy. Lella Santiago (mirellasantiago@yahoo.com)
2
REFLECTION:
What’s your image of God? The picture we have of Him sets the tone for your relationship with Him.

O Lord, my Creator, engrave Your message of love deep in my heart.

Sts. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen, bishops and doctors of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive