A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Are you living the way the Lord wants you to live? - Daily Bible Reflections November 5, 2015


FOR THE LORD
 
“For if we live, we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord...” – Romans 14:8
 
       Cathy lived for the Lord. She was a very active parishioner and served in various church ministries. She was a true worshiper, worshiping God in spirit and in truth. She was a generous giver — she didn’t count the cost of her giving but always gave her all.
        She did all these because of her love for the Lord.
        One day, friends told me she was ill, so we went to visit her.
       Lying in bed, she managed to smile when she saw us. She was in pain but didn’t complain. She had been bedridden for weeks but she continued to hope in the Lord for healing. When we prayed for her, I sensed a big leap of faith in her “aura.”
        A few days later, the sad news came: Cathy had passed away.
       When I went to her wake, she looked like she was at peace. Her face showed a quiet calmness and tranquility that told me that she is with the Lord.
       I believe that was so because the Lord says, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be” (John 14:3).
    She had lived for the Lord, and had died for the Lord. We will certainly miss you, Cathy! Danny Tariman (dtariman.loj@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Are you living the way the Lord wants you to live?
 
Lord Jesus, may I have the courage to live for You, so that I may also be with You in the life to come! Amen.
 
Venerable Solanus Casey, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive