A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

What good deed can you do for another person today? - Daily Bible Reflections June 1,2015

ARE YOU KNOWN BY
YOUR KINDNESS?
 
I performed many charitable works for my kinsmen and my people… – Tobit 1:3
 
       One day, a plane hit a storm and was about to crash. The problem was there were four passengers and only three parachutes.
         The first man took one parachute and said, “I’m a brain surgeon and my patients need me.” And he jumped off the plane.
       The second man took the second parachute and said, “I’m a rocket scientist, one of the smartest men in the entire planet, and the world needs me.” And he jumped off the plane.
       The third man was the Pope. He took the last remaining parachute and gave it to the fourth person who was a young boy. The Pope said, “Son, I’m an old man. I’ve served God enough. Go ahead and take this last parachute.”
      The young boy smiled, “Your Holiness, it’s OK. There are still two parachutes left. The rocket scientist, the smartest man on the entire planet, jumped out with my backpack.”
        Lesson?
       The Pope won because he was kind.
       The rocket scientist lost because he was not kind.
       Kind people, at the end of the day, will always win.
       Friend, do you want to be truly happy?
       Be kind. Bo Sanchez (bosanchez@kerygmafamily.com)
 
Reflection: What good deed can you do for another person today?
 
Prompt me, Lord, to do a good deed each day, even to strangers.
 
St. Justin, martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive