A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

St. Paul calls us to “pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Do we continue to pray even if we don’t seem to get a reply? - Daily Bible Reflections June 24,2015


Solemnity of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist
 
AS YOU BLESS OTHERS
 
Immediately his mouth was opened, his tongue freed, and he spoke blessing God. – Luke 1:64
 
       I drive our children to school every morning. I make the most of this time to talk to my 12-year-old son, Jason. We talk about his school, friends, video games and a lot of useless funny stuff.
       This lively conversation turns into a moment of silence right before he gets out of the car. My standard farewell message to him is, “Bye, Jason. God bless you!” His reaction is always the same. He becomes quiet, opens the car door, and leaves as if he heard nothing. While I notice this regular pattern, it didn’t bother me. So I kept saying the same farewell message every morning.
       One day, I had a business trip out of the country. I was all packed up and ready to go. As I was leaving the house, I saw Jason running towards me. He stopped in front of me and said, “Bye, Papa, God bless you!” His simple goodbye made me happy and this stayed in my mind throughout my long flight.
       Sometimes we think that our prayers fall on God’s deaf ears. We feel that He ignores us. But when you look at your situation, you will realize that He has been blessing you silently. Alvin Fabella (alvinfabella@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: St. Paul calls us to “pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Do we continue to pray even if we don’t seem to get a reply?
 
Lord, I pray that You will grant me the grace to pray to You as often as possible. Amen.
 
St. John the Baptist, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive