A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

What laws guide your heart, mind and life? - Daily Bible Reflections January 23,2015




GOD’S LAWS AND
HUMAN LAWS

“I will put my laws in their minds and I will write them upon their hearts.” – Hebrews 8:10
       Perhaps listening to laws written in my heart and mind, I volunteered to be assigned to Iraq (ancient Babylon). In 2001, I was posted there as minister and consul general, and later, as charge d’affaires ad interim.
       One of my reasons I wanted to be in that biblical land was so I could go back to the basics of our faith. A must-see are the ruins of Babylon, an hour away from the central capital of Baghdad. It was the place of captivity for the Israelites as slaves. While languishing in a foreign land, some prophets like Ezra, Nehemiah, Ezekiel and Daniel also realized that God, out of affection, put His laws in their minds and hearts. Some of them reminded their kin of their great blessing as the Chosen People.
       It is also in Iraq that the Hammurabi Code, the first code of laws, were written. The original is now at the Louvre Museum in Paris.  Some of the more famous laws found in it are the “eye for an eye provision” and others, which become the basis of some of our modern laws.
       Oftentimes, we feel that His commands restrict us. But God gives us His laws out of His great love. The laws He puts in our hearts are better than human laws that need to be enforced. But when we obey God’s laws, we reap blessings, grace and life. Grace Princesa (grprincesa@yahoo.com)

Reflection: What laws guide your heart, mind and life?

Lord, please let Your “love laws” have primacy in my heart.

Blessed Mother Marianne Cope, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive