A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Close your eyes and recall five things God has done for you lately. And then respond - Daily Bible Reflections January 6,2015


FIRST MOVE
 
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as expiation for our sins. – 1 John 4:10
 
       “I have a boyfriend!” exclaimed my five-year-old niece, Mireya. He was her classmate in preschool. We all had a good laugh about it because apparently, she was the one who asked him to be her boyfriend! But later on, we found out that this classmate was the one who kept her company on her first day of school when she was still too shy to mingle with the other kids. So, in her eyes, he made the “first move.”
       Come to think of it, I tend to treat others the way I’ve been treated. When I remember how I’ve been loved, I love. When I forget that, I can be selfish and rude.
         As Christians, lots of times, we think we make the first move with God. We serve, we forgive others, we offer our sacrifices, etc. But isn’t everything we do actually a response to how He has shown us love? He served us first when He became man. He forgave us first, on the cross. He offered the supreme sacrifice of His life. George Tolentino Gabriel (george.g@svrtv.com)
 
Reflection: Close your eyes and recall five things God has done for you lately. And then respond.
 
Lord, thank You for loving me first. I now choose to love others.
 
St. Andre Bessette, religious, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive