A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

And a voice came from the heavens, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.” – Mark 1:11 - Daily Bible Reflections January 11,2015


Solemnity of the Baptism of the Lord
 
TRUE GREATNESS
 
And a voice came from the heavens, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.” – Mark 1:11
 
       We are wowed with “greatness.” We are wowed with “great” people:
         • People with great looks
         • People with great bodies
         • People with great appeal
         • People with great riches
         • People with great cars
         • People with great connections
         • People with great popularity
       I used to be wowed by them also. But along the road of my personal faith journey and experience, I realized two important things: that greatness is not measured by outward manifestations, but by a heart of service. And that, at the end of the day, it is not about wowing people but wowing God.
       Let us live in such a way that, after a day of manifesting humble love, we hear God’s voice within our conscience affirming us, “You are My beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.” Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: “You are writing a Gospel, a chapter each day by the things that you do and the words that you say. Men read what you write, whether faithless or true. Say, what is the Gospel according to you?” (Paul Gilbert)
 
Help me, O God, so that I may move from pleasing people to pleasing You who are worthy of all my love and life. Amen.
 
Blessed William Carter, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive