A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

How are you doing in the area of forgiveness? - Daily Bible Reflections August 14,2014


HARD TO FORGIVE
 
“So will my heavenly Father do to you, unless each of you forgives his brother from his heart.” – Matthew 18:35
 
A priest friend of mine once told me that he is more likely to deal with other people the way he deals with himself. He could be right.
       You see, I have detached myself from a few people who have hurt me or caused me trouble in the past. That’s what I usually do when I can’t bring myself to forgive — I remove them from my life. It’s much easier to not have to deal with them anymore. But then I also realized that I am very hard on myself when I make mistakes. It takes a while for me to forgive myself, and I end up dwelling on every mistake like there was no tomorrow.
       After reading today’s Gospel, I see why I often feel ashamed to ask for God’s forgiveness for my misgivings. His pardon is always available to me, but I don’t easily pardon others, much more, myself. This is one of the areas of my life that I continue to work on, that I seek God’s grace for, because only by His grace are we really able to forgive. Nova Arias-Sevilla (nova.svp@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: How are you doing in the area of forgiveness?
 
Teach me to be merciful to others, O Lord, as You are to me.
 
St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe, priest and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive