A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

God went through it all for you because He loves you - Daily Bible Reflections August 7,2014


ALL THAT FOR NOTHING
 
From that time Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day. – Matthew 16:21
 
I woke up to the loud sound of rain. The drizzle that began the previous night hadn’t stopped and had become even stronger. I turned on the TV and checked the Internet to confirm if classes were suspended. Unfortunately, they were not.
       As I drove my kids to their school, we had to contend with the downpour. The traffic was heavy due to flooded areas and stalled vehicles. I had to stay calm in the midst of the constant complaints of my kids that they were late and why classes were not suspended. I thought my problems had ended when I finally dropped them off at school. I was wrong. My bad day continued as the route to my office was congested. After being motionless in traffic for 20 minutes, I got a call from my wife. She got a call from the kids’ school that classes had been suspended five minutes earlier! I had to go through all that trouble for nothing.
       In today’s Gospel, Jesus tells His disciples about the suffering He will face. He went through all the pain because of His great love for us. Let’s not allow His sacrifice to end up just for nothing. Let’s follow His commandments and live the life He wants us to live. Alvin Fabella (alvinfabella@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: God went through it all for you because He loves you.
 
Lord, thank You for Your love. May Your love continue to inspire me to pursue a growing relationship with You. Amen.
 
St. Cajetan, priest, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive