A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Do you have fears too big for you to handle? Hold on to Jesus and take courage. He will not let you drown - Daily Bible Reflections August 4,2014


GHOST
 
“It’s a ghost!” they said, and screamed with fear. Jesus spoke to them at once. “Courage!” he said. “It is I. Don’t be afraid!” – Matthew 14:26-27
 
       For a time after he had died, I felt my husband’s soul still “hovering” around us. My younger son, then barely two years old, would see him. One evening, my baby suddenly removed the bottle he was sucking on, waved and said, “Bye-bye, Daddy.”
       When I went through difficult times, I also felt his presence. One stormy evening, I was awakened by the sound of windows banging. There was that familiar smell I associated with his long hospital confinement.
       The next morning, the wind blew away the roof of our brand-new house. I guess he wanted to tell me not to be afraid because everything would be alright. And it was. My brothers-in- law came with an army of workers to fix our roof.
       After I became a renewed Catholic, we no longer experienced these manifestations. They were probably just the Lord’s way of gently easing us into a new life without a husband and father. Once I began a personal relationship with Jesus, I didn’t need this ghostly reminder of love anymore. My children and I were assured of the loving care of our heavenly Father, who protects us 24/7. Lella M. Santiago (mirellasantiago@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Do you have fears too big for you to handle? Hold on to Jesus and take courage. He will not let you drown.
 
Jesus, when troubles threaten to engulf me, remind me that all I have to do is to take Your hand and You will help me walk over them.
 
St. John Vianney, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive