A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Do you do everything on your own or do you allow God to reveal His plan for your life? - Daily Bible Reflections August 29,2014


Memorial of the Beheading of
St. John the Baptist
 
PREPARE AND
SURRENDER
 
For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. – 1 Corinthians 1:25
 
       I allot my whole Monday preparing and reflecting for the talk I give every Tuesday in The Feast I lead in Makati. I listen to audio talks, read the articles of Bo Sanchez, do some research on the Internet, and read books related to the topic.
       Throughout this tedious and detailed preparation, I also allow God to talk to me and, in turn, I listen to His message for me. After that, I lift up my work to Him. Because at the end of the day, it would still be He who will be speaking to The Feast attendees.
       One of the criticisms I’ve received is that I lack experience. I believe this is because I’ve relied on my own understanding many times. But now, I ask God to speak to His people through me because I acknowledge that what I know is limited. Even as I do my part to prepare, I surrender to God’s plan.
       This applies to our dreams as well.
       Friends, do your best to achieve your dreams but be open to God’s version of them. Place your faith, hope and love in His loving arms. Jan Carlo Silan (jan@makatifeast.com)
 
Reflection: Do you do everything on your own or do you allow God to reveal His plan for your life?
 
Lord, in my weakness You are strong. I offer to You my work today. Let Your name be glorified in what I do. Bless me today. Amen.
 
St. Sabina, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive