A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

What holds you back from serving the Lord? Surrender it to God today - Daily Bible Reflections October 6,2013

COURAGE

 
For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control. – 2 Timothy 1:7
 
I never imagined myself as a speaker or a crowd engager. My heart would pound madly once my feet got anywhere near a platform. Unless it was a school requirement, I would not take the center stage.
       Until one day, a nun friend asked me to help them teach Catechism to the kids because their congregation was having a three-day conference. I agreed. When the first day of teaching arrived, I realized I was alone, but it was too late to back out. Aside from teaching the kids and their parents, I also had to facilitate group activities for everyone. I was really nervous! I prayed to God, asking for the Holy Spirit to be my partner all throughout the day.
       Before I knew it, it was already the third day. What I thought would be a disaster turned out to be fun! From that time on, I learned to submit all my strengths and limitations to God. I realized that even though we are not always confident with what we can do, we can constantly rely on the power of God’s Spirit. His guidance never falls short. Maymay R. Salvosa (cmsalvosa@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION: What holds you back from serving the Lord? Surrender it to God today.
 
Lord, let Your Spirit move me to put my love for You into action.
 
St. Bruno, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive