A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

We don’t have to fear death when we’re prepared to go anytime and when we know what awaits us on the other side - Daily Bible Reflections October 23,2013


FINISHED OR UNFINISHED

 
“You also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.” – Luke 12:40
 
Teachers often say to their students after a test, “Finished or unfinished, pass your papers.” This reminds me of my elder sister who died at the age of 31.
       My sister, mom, brother-in-law and I were talking in the car on the way to get her MRI results. Out of the blue, I told her about the organ donor card I had gotten, just to be ready when my time comes. I even encouraged her to get one before her operation. She didn’t want to talk about death. It was too morbid for her. I told her she didn’t have to be scared to die because we’re all headed for heaven. I sensed the fear in her voice when she told me I wouldn’t understand because she had three small kids to leave behind.
       Two days before our father’s 57th birthday, she had an unsuccessful operation from a benign tumor (meningioma). She passed away unprepared.
       Even though I know that the Lord has me covered for eternity, I am now working doubly hard to buy myself life insurance and memorial plans for practical purposes. I even know what I want to put on my epitaph: Emerald, a simple child of God who searched for love and found it in the arms of her Father. Ems Sy Chan (havenofleeanne@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: We don’t have to fear death when we’re prepared to go anytime and when we know what awaits us on the other side.
 
Father God, prepare us for our death. Prepare our loved ones, too. May we be able to say, “We finished” before You call us home.
 
St. John of Capistrano, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive