A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

BIGGER THAN MY INCONVENIENCE - Daily Bible Reflections October 20,2013

BIGGER THAN MY INCONVENIENCE

 
Proclaim the word; be persistent whether it is convenient or inconvenient; convince, reprimand, encourage through all patience and teaching. – 2 Timothy 4:2
 
It was December 26, 2011 when my family went on an outreach for the kids of Smokey Mountain. We played softball with them, had a dance workshop, and I gave a talkabout God’s love and having big dreams.
       I’m used to giving talks but in English. So my problem was I had to talk in Filipino and I wasn’t good at it. (I got a flashback of my 5th grade Filipino remedial classes.) Although I can speak conversational Filipino, I found it hard to express my thoughts in the vernacular. That’s why weeks prior to the outreach, I started to worry.
       However, I knew that the need for these kids to hear God’s Word for their lives was bigger than my  inconvenience to give a talk in Filipino. So in spite of my limitations, I did it.
       I know not everyone is called to be a preacher, but everyone has a call to share God’s Word and serve, even in inconvenient circumstances. In spite of the challenges, let’s live out His Word and love others. We never know the impact we can make in someone else’s life. Mike Viñas (mikemichaelfcv@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Demand is all the needs in the world. Supply is all of God’s resources to meet those needs. Have you ever wondered what’s in between demand and supply? You are.
 
Father, I am Your channel of blessing and grace to Your people. May my life be Your satellite to broadcast Your Word of faith, hope and love to others, especially to those who need it the most. Amen.
 
St. Maria Bertilla Coscardin, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive