A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - March 10,2013

DESERVING A SECOND CHANCE
 
“Look, all these years I served you and not once did I disobey your orders; yet you never gave me even a young goat to feast on with my friends.” – Luke 15:29
 
In the Parable of the Prodigal Son, the father gladly welcomes his penitent son. The elder brother is astonished. “What? That brat gets a party instead of getting punished? What about me?”
We can understand the older son’s feeling of being unappreciated. But love is not logical. A father doesn’t divide portions of his love between a worthy and an unworthy son. Just as God the Father does not differentiate mankind accordingly. We are all sinners yet God gave His only begotten son to save the world.
I know of a friend whose brother was a drug user. No matter how many times he fell astray, she would intervene and bring him to a rehab clinic. Thankfully, he was able to kick his habit because his sister never wavered. Her love for her brother was real and unconditional.
Even if we deserve punishment from society, we are still God’s creation. When we are truly sorry for our sins, surely we deserve a second chance. Gina Verdolaga (mgjver@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Do you practice compassion?
 
Lord, if I must truly love, let me not cast the first stone. Teach me to be humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive