A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - November 8,2012


All for Christ
 
But whatever gains I had, these I have come to consider a loss because of Christ. – Philippians 3:7
I closed my eyes and allowed the music to stir up my soul. Then one of my elbows fell from the kneeler. I woke up and realized I dozed off while praying during the Holy Mass.
I love the Eucharist! I look forward to it every day. I do my best daily to finish my work fast so as not to miss it. But my first job was physically draining and I was on a shifting work schedule. I found it hard to participate actively during the Mass and enjoy it. So I resigned from my job as restaurant manager.
Many didn’t understand my decision. I had a good job and just got promoted. Why give it up when many people are either unemployed or underemployed?
But I felt I needed to align my job with my priorities. I didn’t want to sacrifice my relationship with God in exchange for my career. I believed that God would prosper me as I seek Him first.
Today, I work from home as a management consultant. I choose which projects to accept. I’m glad I gave up my first job for Christ!Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Is there anything in my life right now that competes with Christ? Am I willing to lose it in order to make Christ number one?
 
Lord, You are more precious than silver. Lord, You are more costly than gold. Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds and nothing I desire compares with You.
 
Blessed John Duns Scotus, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive