A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - November 25,2012


king of our life
 
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “the one who is and who was and who is to come, the almighty.” – Revelation 1:8
 
During a college retreat, the speaker asked me, “What do you live for?”
“I live for God,” I answered, showing off.
“Why?” she asked. My brain froze. I stood dazed and gave an answer that, to this day, I don’t know where it came from.
“Miss,” I said, “I live for God because it’s pointless to live for anything else. If you live for power, you live in fear. That is no life. If you live for money, it slips from your hand like water. If you live for pleasure, you exchange your soul for what is fleeting. If you live for someone else, what happens if they die or leave you? So, I live for God because He does not make me live in fear, or forsake me, He does not slip from my hands and He does not die or leave me.”
When Jesus says He is the Alpha and the Omega, He declares a truth crucial for our lives — we are nothing without Him. Every area of our being must therefore be for Him. Otherwise, what do we call Him King of our lives for? Rod Velez (rod.velez@gmail.com)
25
REFLECTION:
What do you live for? Who rules over your life?
 
Lord, help me to lift up every area of my life in consecration to You. Forgive me for forgetting sometimes that I can’t do this alone. All the hurt, joys, pain, struggle, and triumphs that turn me into who I am, I lift up to You, my King.
 
St. Columban, pray for us. Solemnity of the Christ the King
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive