A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - November 20,2012


Rally for Christ
 
Because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. – Revelation 3:16
 
When I was accepted at the University of the Philippines for my college education, my parents’ first reminder to me was never to join a protest rally. I was not a big fan of rallies so I assured them that it was never going to happen.
But there came a time when I was compelled to make a stand and join a rally because the issue would have a direct effect on my scholarship. I was afraid that I would lose my grant. I felt I needed to be heard instead of being indifferent.
Christian life is not just about being a nice person, a responsible family man, a model citizen or a reliable employee. It’s not just about showing up at church at certain times and being active in our Charismatic communities.
Christianity is supposed to be a way of life that, at some point, we also need to defend and make a stand on moral and social issues that are contrary to the teachings of Christ. We do not need to go out into the streets to be heard, but we must always be ready to make a stand when our faith beliefs are compromised. Jane Gonzales-Rauch (mgr516@gmail.com)
20
REFLECTION:
When situations arise that I have to declare my commitment to the Lord, am I bold in professing my faith?
 
Dear Jesus, may You and Your teachings be at the core of who I am and all I do. Amen.
 
St. Edmund Rich, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive