A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - November 11,2012


LEAP OF FAITH
 
She left and did as Elijah had said. – 1 Kings 17:15
 
I panicked when I got a 2.25 midterm grade in P.E. I needed to have at least a final grade of 2.0 to maintain my academic scholarship. I told my P.E. teacher about my concern. She said, “Just play a good game in the finals.”
Our final exam was a practical one. I was doomed, I thought. My P.E. was volleyball and every time the ball flew to my direction, I would run or duck in fear. But my friends patiently taught me how to serve and hit the ball. I soon conquered my fear of the ball and also learned to enjoy the game. I got a final grade of 1.75.
The widow of Zarepath thought she was preparing her last meal. Despite her fear, she trusted Elijah and gave to him all she had to eat. The word of God given by Elijah came true. There was food every day for the prophet, for the widow and her son. According to a Bible footnote, “Every miracle begins with an act of obedience. We may not see the solution until we take the first step of faith.”
Are you still waiting for a miracle to happen in your life? Maybe you just have to take that leap of faith. Then you will see God’s miracle unfold right before your eyes. Judith Concepcion (svp_jmc@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Looking for a solution to your problem? Don’t search far and wide. The answer may just be right under your nose.
 
Lord, help me to realize that I am part of the solution to my problem. Deliver me from the habit of entrusting everything to You and not taking action, even those that I have control of.
 
St. Martin of Tours, bishop, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive