A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - November 13,2012


My After-Mission Prayer
 
“We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.” – Luke 17:10
 
It’s been many years now that I’ve used the verse above as my prayer after I’ve served. Why? They say that the most urgent of all missions is the proclamation of the Gospel.  Yet it is one that is filled with many pitfalls and temptations. I call them the 3 Gs: Glory, Gold and Girls (if you’re a lady preacher, G stands for Guys).
Glory, because many start out as servants and end up as “superstars.” Gold, because many start out with the Pearl of Great Price in their hearts and end up with the price of more pearls in their pockets. And Girls (or Guys) because many start out with “my brothers and sisters” and end with “my raving fans.” That is why my after-mission prayer is a surefire put-yourfeet- back-on-the-ground formula:
After I come from each mission field: May I still be ready to wait on Your table;
May I not be so assuming as to want Your gratefulness; And when I’ve done everything I was told to do, May I humbly say and pray in my heart: I’m an unworthy servant; I’ve only done my part. Amen. Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
13
REFLECTION:
What G has been a recurring temptation to you?
 
Let me remember, Lord, that You oppose the proud but bestowed grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5).
 
St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, virgin, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive