A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - August 6, 2012


Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord
 
Like a Detection Dog
 
We possess the prophetic message.... You will do well to be attentive to it, as to a lamp shining in a dark place. –2 Peter 1:19
 
We had just arrived at the Sydney airport and were lining up towards custom. Everywhere there were signages warning us of items that were not allowed into the country, followed by threats of huge fines or imprisonment. In my mind, I scanned through my things if I brought any of the banned items, afraid of being apprehended.
At the final checkout line, a dog came near me and barked. The police asked, “Did you bring food from the airplane with you?” With huge eyes I brought out a bun I wasn’t able to eat. The man inspected the bread then handed it back to me. I felt stupid, sighed with relief and stepped out into the arrival area.
The detection dog caught me because they were trained for such kinds of things. Their sense of smell is so sharp that they are able to discern individual scents even when the smells are combined or masked by other odors.
Our conscience, too, can be like a trained dog. If we have exercised it through God’s Word to think whatever is true, honorable and just (Philippians 4:8), there will be a clanging inside when we get contrary input. Let’s train ourselves well then. Joy Sosoban (jsosoban@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Do I have a wellformed conscience?
 
Dear Jesus, enable me to overcome my weakness. Help me train myself in Your way.
 
St. Hormisdas, pope, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive