A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - August 20, 2012


Walk in His Footsteps
 
“Then come, follow me.” – Matthew 19:21
It was my first time to experience wintertime in the US and I was a little scared walking out in the snow. I was afraid I’d trip and have a bad fall. So whenever we go out, my husband would walk ahead of me and say, “Here, follow my footsteps. It’ll make it easier for you.” He’s lived in the area all his life so I know I can trust him to guide me and not let me stumble.
“Come follow me.” This for me is the most intimidating statement of Jesus in the Scriptures. We know how Jesus lived. He suffered a lot! He was ridiculed, rejected, persecuted, and he suffered every imaginable pain in this world. To follow Him then means we will not be spared from suffering ourselves.
But should we be overcome by fear? Remember, Jesus has gone before us to teach, to lead and to show us the way. He continues to enlighten us when we are confused and sustain us when we lose hope.
There is no reason to fear. Instead, we must rejoice in the fact that after all His suffering, God raised up Jesus in glory, the same glory that awaits us if we follow in His footsteps in this life.Jane Gonzales-Rauch (mgr516@gmail.com)
20
REFLECTION:
Whatever difficulties you’re facing today, know that God goes before you, creating a clear path so you know where to go.
 
Lord Jesus, help me overcome my fear. Give me a fresh perspective and the strength to endure.
 
St. Bernard, abbot and doctor of the Church, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive