A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - August 2, 2012


The Potter’s Signature
 
“You are in my hands just like clay in the potter’s hands.” – Jeremiah 18:6
 
Hidden in a small town in my province Quezon is a quaint potter’s garden. It’s the studio cum shop of well-known ceramic artist Ugu Bigyan. This beautiful setting showcases his high quality pieces that are sought by the elite and ritzy establishments like Aman Pulo.
I had the chance to drool over the exquisite, expensive pottery he makes when I interviewed him for an article. Ugu told me that he is very strict about the quality of his work. Before putting pottery in the kiln, he checks each piece and signs it when his standards are met.
When we come into this earth, we are not yet finished pottery that has been fired in the oven. Our lives are like unbaked clay. Each experience, each difficulty is God’s way of molding us to perfection. When we fall, fail or falter, God turns the wheel to recreate us into finely crafted pottery. But we have to be pliable enough for Him to mold. When we surrender everything to God, He will make of us a wonderful creation. In the end, after a life well-lived, we will bear the Master Potter’s signature.  Lella Santiago (mirellasantiago@yahoo.com)
2
REFLECTION:
Am I supple enough for God to mold in His image? Or has disobedience hardened my heart?
 
Take me and mold me, Lord, until I am worthy to bear Your mark.
 
St. Eusebius of Vercelli, bishop, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive