A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

December 4, 2011
GOD’S PERFECT TIMING

The Lord does not delay in fulfilling His promise, though some speak of delay; rather He gives you time because He does not want anyone to perish, but that all may come to conversion. – 2 Peter 3:9

I was almost 25 when I had my first boyfriend.
God knew I wasn’t ready for a relationship so He gave me a sign not to pursue it after I asked for one. But my obstinacy got the upper hand. As a result, I inflicted unnecessary pain and suffering upon myself.
I should’ve spent those times growing and serving God wholeheartedly and celebrating the gift of singleness. But I was impatient. I chose to experience the most coveted feeling of being in love. It took me three long years to recover from two consecutive heartaches as I had another failed relationship after the first one.
I was not proud of myself. In fact, I blamed myself for not waiting for God’s perfect time. If only I listened to Him.
Now, I’m so grateful that I’m doing things right and waiting for God’s more than- perfect time. I found my ideal man in the community, and he met most of my non-negotiables. I don’t need to compromise my faith anymore. Leeanne Sy (havenofleeanne@yahoo.com)
4
REFLECTION:
Think you’re too old to be single? Remember that the most miserable women (and men) are those who married the wrong person.

God, help me wait for Your perfect timing so that I can spare myself from unnecessary pain and suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive