A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections- December 15, 2011

RECYCLED SERVANT

The Lord calls you back... – Isaiah 54:6

I felt like a has-been Christian leader. To add insult to injury, one of my former spiritual leaders called people like me a “recycled servant” of the Lord. Ouch.
After a crisis with my commitment in a community I served in for most of my life, I didn’t know where to go next. I was a blank slate, which was good because I could reinvent myself to be anything. My big problem was I didn’t know who I wanted to be. Or more crucially, who God wanted me to be.
But while I had run out of plans, God’s purpose for me was spot-on. Instead of being cast away like a useless piece of rag as I had feared, the Lord turned my crisis into an opportunity for greater growth and reach in my life and ministry.
Nope, He wasn’t finished with me yet. In fact, He had only begun another chapter — grander and more exciting than the previous ones in my life.
Friend, when you think you’re down to nothing, God is up to something. His plan for you is grander than your wildest dreams. He’s not just the God of “recycled servants”; He’s the God who makes all things new!Rissa Singson-Kawpeng (justbreatherissa@gmail.com)
15
REFLECTION:
The God I believe in is a god of second chances.” (Pres. Bill Clinton)

Dear Lord, when I make a mess of my life, come and set me on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive