A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections- December 21, 2011

THE DAILY CELEBRATION

“The Lord your God is in your midst, victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.” – Zephaniah 3:17

Do you know what doesn’t make any sense to me at all? It’s when parents tell their children, “Come and sit down, kids, let’s have a nice, quiet dinner.”
I’ve never had an actual quiet dinner with my family. The five of us are an incredibly noisy group of people, from my dad and mom all the way down to my two brothers. We tell jokes and deliver our punch lines with thundering emphasis complete with hand gestures and boisterous laughter. We hoot, whistle and applaud when we like the story that someone is saying about what happened to them that particular day. At times, we all have an opinion on a certain topic and we wind up yelling for our ideas to be heard over one another. Yes, we’re extremely loud. And I love it that way. Since I was a child, our family meals have been like an exciting party with good friends. That’s why I look forward to coming home.
Similarly, when God calls us to pray, He is inviting us to celebrate with Him. So let’s freely express our love and thanksgiving for the Lord without reservation. Let’s rejoice in His presence! Eleanore Lee (elyo.lee@gmail.com)
21
REFLECTION:
What form of expression will you use to glorify the Lord today?

Lord, I will sing Your praises in the greatest of volumes for I am unashamed that others may hear of my love for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive