A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Do you rely on God for strength in times of trouble? Or do you rely on other people or yourself alone? - Daily Bible Reflections October 23, 2016

STAND BY ME
 
But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength… – 2 Timothy 4:17
 
        “When the night has come. And the land is dark. And the moon is the only light we’ll see. No, I won’t be afraid. Oh, I won’t be afraid. Just as long as you stand, stand by me.”
         I was reminded of the lyrics of this old, popular song after I read the passage above from the book of 2 Timothy. We become brave enough to endure the different seasons of darkness in our lives when we know that we are not alone… when we know that someone is standing with us or beside us while we face these dark times.
      We are bravest, though, when we know that that Someone who stands with us in the dark is God. His presence alone drives away all our fears and enables us not only to endure the darkness but also to overcome it. He gives us courage and strength to step out in faith even though we have just enough light for the next step.
       Because of this, we can sing: “So Jesus, Jesus, stand by me, oh stand by me, oh stand, stand by me, stand by me.” Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection:Do you rely on God for strength in times of trouble? Or do you rely on other people or yourself alone?
 
Lord, please stand by me and give me strength in times of trouble so that I can proclaim the Good News in season and out of season.
.
St. John of Capistrano, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive