A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

The sacrament of reconciliation is a wonderful gift from God. Let’s find time to go to confession regularly - Daily Bible Reflections April 7,2014


FOCUS ON WHAT’S
RIGHT
 
She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more.” – John 8:11
 
       I wish I had posted a “Do Not Disturb” sign on my forehead that day. I was cramming for a major presentation the next day. My imaginary “D-N-D” sign seemed to work until my 10-year-old son, Jason, started this conversation.
       Jason: Papa, can we play Wii? I need a good partner to beat the opponent in the new game.
       Me : OK, but can I go back to my laptop from time to time?
       Jason: Hmm... how much time do you need to finish that?
       Me : Forty-five minutes. But I can play with you now and work on it during the breaks in the game.
       Jason: Nope, better finish that first. I need you to focus. I need your focus on the game so we can win.
       That conversation reminded me that whatever we focus on grows. If we focus on the sin, there is a high chance that we will fall into it or feel more unworthy before God. In today’s Gospel, Jesus encourages the woman not to focus on the sin. Instead, He wants her to focus on God’s love. That is the right attitude if we want to follow God. Alvin Fabella (alvinfabella@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: The sacrament of reconciliation is a wonderful gift from God. Let’s find time to go to confession regularly.
 
Lord, I humbly come before You to ask forgiveness for my sins. I have not been faithful yet You continue to be faithful.
 
St. John Baptist de la Salle, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive