A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Everything in this world ends except God’s love. It is the greatest love of all. God’s love is eternal - Daily Bible Reflections April 30,3014


GOD’S LOVE
 
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son...” – John 3:16
 
This particular line has always been one of my favorites among the hundreds of biblical passages that I’ve read in my lifetime. It’s very consoling, especially during moments of loneliness and bereavement.
       I remember back in 1986 when my dad was diagnosed with cancer of the stomach. As soon as I knew about it, I surrendered him totally to the Lord.
       Losing someone you dearly love is beyond description. When I was a kid, one of my greatest fears was losing my dad. But as I grew older, I came to realize and understand the fact that death is indeed a part of life, that there’s an end to every beginning, that nothing in this world lasts forever. I realized that no matter how much we love a person, we will have to part ways someday.
       At my dad’s wake, amidst those wreaths and beautiful flower arrangements, one thing stood out. It was this consoling message placed beside his coffin: “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son....” Dr. Henry L. Yu (henrio_md@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Everything in this world ends except God’s love. It is the greatest love of all. God’s love is eternal.
 
Father, when death comes in the family, remind us of Your love for us when You gave Your one and only Son. Console us in our grief.
 
St. Pius V, pope, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive