A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - December 9,2012


prepare the way
 
“A voice of one calling in the desert, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’” – Luke 3:4
 
A noted psychiatrist recognized his own limitations in a conversation he had with British clergyman William Barclay. “All that a psychiatrist can do,” said the doctor, “is strip a man naked until you get to the essential man; and if the essential man is bad stuff, there’s nothing you can do about it. That’s where you come in.” Barclay later commented, “I think he meant that this is where Jesus comes in.”
I’ve always enjoyed listening to motivational speeches. They make learning fun and easy, give me special information, share moving stories, inspire me to alter my attitudes, help me develop useful skills and help me to decide on a special course of action. But a genuine life change and enduring inner joy is too much to ask!
Psychiatry and motivation have always been useful, but they are never meant to change a person’s nature. The noted psychiatrist had no choice but to admit that at some point, Jesus has to come in!
Friend, your family, friends, office teammates, customers, business associates, and all who are in your sphere of relationships need Jesus. Is He calling you now to prepare the way for His coming in their hearts?Jon Escoto (faithatworkjon@gmail.com)
9
REFLECTION:
Do you have someone in mind whom you feel the Lord wants you to “prepare the way” for His coming in their lives?
 
Jesus, use me to “prepare the way” for Your coming in other people’s hearts. Show me who and teach me how.
 
St. Juan Diego, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive