A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

February 17, 2011

EMPTY PROMISES

(Jesus) rebuked Peter and said, “Get behind me, Satan. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do.” – Mark 8:33

A presidential aspirant touted in his campaign: “I am the champion of the poor. I know what the poor people want.” He often said in his campaign speeches that he would not enrich himself; rather, he would make the poor richer.
So the masses made him president. They proclaimed him a hero, a champion and the defender of the poor. They believed his promises, proclaiming him the “President of the Poor.”
But sad to say, he did not live up to his title. He enriched not only himself but his families and friends as well. He forgot that he needed to work hard, sacrifice for the impoverished so that they may rise from their poverty, and lead the nation to prosperity.
On a personal level, we act like this man when we do not live up to our word. When we make promises we don’t keep or do not practice what we preach or use our mouth to curse instead of to bless others, we are no better than him. And as Peter was rebuked by Jesus, we would hear: “Get behind me, Satan! You do not have in mind the things of God but the things of men.” Chelle Crisanto (ellehcmaria@yahoo.com)

REFLECTION:
“The first step in a person’s salvation is knowledge of their sin.” (Seneca)

Jesus is my Rock. As He stands firm, let me stand steadfast in my faith so that I may live my life according to His will, that whatever He commands I follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive