A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Think about the last time you acted contrary to your faith. How can you prevent that from happening again? - Daily Bible Reflections October 13,2015

VACANT TABLE
 
Although they knew God, they did not accord him glory as God. – Romans 1:21
 
     The black shirt he wore told me he was a servant in the Catholic conference I was attending.
       It was lunch time and the conference had gone on break. I, with my friends, and the guy in the black shirt lined up in the nearby fast food chain to alleviate our hunger. The restaurant was packed, and vacant tables got easily occupied, mostly by conference attendees.
       “That’s my table! That’s my table!” All the way from the counter, the guy in the black shirt was pointing to an unclean table, angrily yelling to a teenage girl who was standing near it. Stunned, the girl left quickly.
       I could have imagined the guy, all hyped up in service inside the halls of the conference venue, but at the restaurant, he was just an angry man to me.
       Sometimes, we also act contrary to what our faith tells us. Impatience gets the best of us and we choose to react unlovingly. We forget we are a semblance of God and His reflector to the world.
       Friends, let us stop just “knowing” God and start “living out” God in every moment. Osy Erica (osy.erica@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Think about the last time you acted contrary to your faith. How can you prevent that from happening again?
 
Father, forgive me when I acted differently from what You would have wanted me to do. Humble me so that in everything I do I may glorify You.
 
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive