A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Have you sincerely done all you can? Relax and leave the rest to God - Daily Bible Reflections October 6,2015


YOU NEED BOTH
 
“You are anxious and worried about many things.” – Luke 10:41
 
       “If you worry, you didn’t pray. If you prayed, don’t worry.”
       I believe this saying, but I believe it’s only half of the whole truth. Let me explain.
      I was a mediocre student. I would cram for exams but would fall asleep at my desk. The next day, I would pray profusely, asking God to “bless me.” Looking back, I wonder just what exactly I was praying for. Was God supposed to plant answers in my mind that I didn’t actually know in the first place? Was He supposed to miraculously change the heart of the teacher grading my paper so she would have mercy on my lazy soul? Or was He supposed to magically change the mark on the test sheet after she had already flunked me? Years later, I discovered this wonderful thing that worked pretty well with prayer. They called it many things: studying in advance, listening in class, doing homework, etc.
       I believe we need to be both Mary and Martha. We need to pray and act at the same time. We should work as hard as we humanly can, and then pray that God would bless our efforts. But without action, there would be nothing for Him to bless. George Tolentino Gabriel (george.g@svrtv.com)
 
Reflection: Have you sincerely done all you can? Relax and leave the rest to God.
 
Lord, may I always give my all — both in prayer and in action.
 
St. Bruno, priest, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive