A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

“There is no such sense of solitude as that which we experience upon the silent and vast elevations of great mountains.” (Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu) - Daily Bible Reflections October 28, 2015


Feast of Sts. Simon and Jude,
Apostles
 
ROOM 718
 
In those days he departed to the mountain to pray, and he spent the night in prayer to God. – Luke 6:12
 
       I was my dad’s primary caregiver when he had lung cancer. During the last two weeks of his life, he was confined in Room 718 of a Makati hospital where he was given palliative care, a special diet, round-the-clock monitoring and all the care we otherwise couldn’t have provided at home. I hardly left his side because he did not want to be left alone. My only reprieve was when he slept. It was also the time when I prayed to God and surrendered Dad to Him as I cried silently.
       Room 718 became the “mountain” I climbed to be in solitude with God. There I scaled the heights of sadness, despair and depression, only to be consoled by His love and abiding presence. By His grace, I reached the pinnacle of faith as I realized there was nothing I could do but abandon Dad in the arms of our Creator.
       Jesus went up the mountain and there surrendered His ministry, His followers and His life to the Father. The mountaintop was hallowed ground, the place where the Son and Father communed with one another. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “There is no such sense of solitude as that which we experience upon the silent and vast elevations of great mountains.” (Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu)
 
Lord, may I encounter You in the mountaintops and valleys of my life.
 
Sts. Simon and Jude, Apostles, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive