A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

What areas of my life do I need to be humble so that others may see the Christ in me? - Daily Bible Reflections September 14,2015


Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross
 
 
ON ALL FOURS
 
He humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross. – Philippians 2:8
 
         I had the privilege of visiting the Holy Land in 2014. One of my favorite places was Golgotha, the place where Jesus suffered and was crucified. The place was packed with pilgrims from everywhere. It was not an open hilltop anymore. It was a church, built on top of the rock from where Jesus’ cross was erected.
       I fell in line to touch a part of the rock where the cross of Jesus stood. I couldn’t describe how I felt. It was a mix of awe, joy and profound gratitude that I would be able to encounter Jesus not only spiritually, but physically.
         We prayed as we inched our way to the altar. Under the altar was a hole in the floor, which was around one foot deep, and opened to the actual rock. Everyone had to bend under that altar in order to touch the holy site.
         It was a humbling experience, not to mention an awesome one. And it speaks of the reality of the cross of Christ.
         Through His cross, we are saved.
      But are we ready to stoop down and humble ourselves to touch Jesus physically in the people we encounter?
         After all, we can only touch the cross when we’re on all fours. Migs Ramirez (migsramirez.seminars@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: What areas of my life do I need to be humble so that others may see the Christ in me?
 
God, may I bear the cross of true humility so that I may see You today.
 
St. Notburga, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive