A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Every person and experience is a potential teacher - Daily Bible Reflections September 11,2015


FINISHED GRADUATE
 
“No disciple is superior to the teacher; but when fully trained, every disciple will be like his teacher.” – Luke 6:40
 
       My tatay (father) always joked that he “finished graduate” (squatters’ slang for those who didn’t even finish Grade 6). Yet I was a witness to how he would counsel people on the different aspects of life, like faith, family, work, business, relationships, etc.
       When I asked why he could counsel wisely, Tatay would jokingly claim that he had a master’s degree in UE and a doctorate in UP. “Because of all the challenges I’ve gone through, I gained a master’s degree in UE or University of Experience, and a doctorate in UP or University of Persistence. Experience is not what happens, but what you do with what happens to you. Persistence is saying yes to a challenge even when everyone else quits.”
       I was stunned. What wisdom!
       My dear friends, God is the Ultimate Headmaster of this big university called life. He uses His Word and our experiences to disciple us so that we can live out and lead others to a godly life.
       Grow in His wisdom and you’ll graduate with heavenly flying colors. Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Every person and experience is a potential teacher.
 
Disciple me, O Lord, that I may live life to the fullest.
 
St. Cyprian, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive