A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” (Mahatma Gandhi) - Daily Bible Reflections September 10,2015


CRAZY LOVER
 
“Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.’” – Luke 6:27
 
       When you think about the verse above, you’d think God must be slightly crazy when He said this. First, He asks us to do good (not too hard there), then He tells us to forgive our enemies (a hard act in itself). But wait, there’s more. He goes beyond all this by saying, “Love your enemies.”
       Think about it. As if liking an enemy wasn’t hard enough, He then asks us to love them?! Insane!
       Personally, it was hard for me to do this. I felt like it was an impossible endeavor. But when I slowly came to know Jesus in a deeper way, I learned to forgive those who hated me, cursed me and abused me. Surprisingly, I felt lighter, joyful and more loved. I found it easier to forgive as I drew closer to Him.
       This made me realize that forgiveness was, after all, not so much about forgiving the enemy. It was more about healing the forgiver. Erika Mendoza (epaulmendoza@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
 
Lord, thank You for Your forgiveness. Help me to forgive quickly every day.
 
St. Thomas of Villanova, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive