A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1) - Daily Bible Reflections May 28,2015

INDEPENDENT ME
 
“What do you want me to do for you?” – Mark 10:51
 
       One of the first lessons my dad taught me was to be independent. During my first day in kindergarten, he brought me to my “big school.” He planned to bring me to my classroom and sit in but he had to rush to the office for an emergency. So he dropped me off, hugged me and said, I know you can find your way. You’re a big girl. If you need help, just ask the nuns or the guard, OK?”
       And I’ve been independent ever since.
       When Jesus invited me to a personal relationship with Him, He taught me a different lesson. He wanted me to surrender my will to His and be completely dependent on Him. Whenever I come to Him in prayer about my troubles, just like with Bartimaeus, He would ask me, “What do you want Me to do for you?” I’d be silent, unsure of what to say, unlike Bartimaeus who readily replied, “Lord, I want to see!”
       Honestly, I expect Jesus to just give me instructions and solve my concerns on my own. But He is “hands on” in solving my problems, guides me in making decisions, and directs my life.
       Now, I know better — I’ll always answer His question humbly: Lord, help me! Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1)
 
Jesus, grant me the grace to rely on Your ever-present help.
 
St. Mary Ann of Jesus of Paredes, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive