A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Do the choices you make focus on yourself or on Jesus? - Daily Bible Reflections May 24,2015

Solemnity of the Pentecost
 
MAKE THE CHOICE
THAT MATTERS
 
If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the Spirit. – Galatians 5:25
 
       I got excited when I heard that Nick Vujicic was coming to the Philippines. Nick is an Australian motivational speaker born with a rare condition — he does not have any limbs. However, his speaking ability and positive outlook in life totally overshadow his physical limitations. I wanted to see him personally, but more importantly, I wanted my children to learn something from him.
       My excitement turned into sadness when I learned that tickets were already sold out. But by God’s grace, we were able to get tickets through the help of friends. Our next challenge was going to the venue in Quezon City from our place in Parañaque. The event was also on a weekday so we could only leave after school and work. It was a pleasant surprise that we met heavy traffic only on isolated intersections. We arrived on time!
       After the event, I asked my 12-year-old son, Jason, what he learned from Nick. All the effort to see Nick in person was worth it when he said, “To go for your dreams no matter what!” We are given choices each day. We can choose what’s more comfortable but we won’t gain anything. Or we can choose the harder route, pray for God’s guidance and learn something valuable. Alvin Fabella (alvinfabella@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Do the choices you make focus on yourself or on Jesus?
 
My Jesus, You are the Way, the Truth and the Life. May all my decisions today point back to You. Amen.
 
St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive