A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

What could be the main source of your stress today? Do you need to forgive someone? - Daily Bible Reflections June 16,2014


MOLAR CRATER
 
“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’” – Matthew 5:38
 
       I had not been able to eat well for seven long years. I couldn’t even come close to the pretty, giggly, sweet-smelling girls. I never attended any of my high school dances. And it was all because my breath stank! Every girl I had spoken to has had nightmares or Ground Zero disintegration.
       You see, I had a totally rotten right molar. A slight mistake got food particles lodged into the gaping cavity, sending unimaginable, brain-shattering pain to my entire body. Then I saw my dentist. In two days, I was eating normally! In three days, I attended my first party, wearing my Close-Up smile. I realized how much I had deprived myself all these years. I told myself, “Now, I live!”
       My friend, anger and bitterness are rotten molars. They destroy your life. They rob you of the joy of what life is all about. In contrast, forgiveness heals. It is the kindness you extend to the other person. But most importantly, forgiveness is the kindness you extend to yourself. Forgiveness heals you!
       Do yourself a favor. Forgive. Jon Escoto (faithatworkjon@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: What could be the main source of your stress today? Do you need to forgive someone?
 
Lord, let me know that I need forgiveness. Fill me with Your forgiveness. Then, I can draw from the well of my forgiven heart, and freely give it to those who hurt me.
 
St. John Francis Regis, pray for us.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive