A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made- (Robert Browning) - Daily Bible Reflections June 6,2014


GROWING OLD
 
“But when you are old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will... take you where you don’t want to go.” – John 21:18
 
       My Lola Cianing lived until the age of 101 years. After suffering a stroke and being in a coma for three days, she passed away peacefully in her sleep. The Lord blessed her with a long and fruitful life. But as I witnessed how frail, helpless and weak she became with age, I could not help but ask: Is it worth living that long?
       Aunt Mimi said she didn’t want to “overstay” in this life. “Isn’t it an ordeal to become dependent on others in your old age?” she asked. I replied, “Maybe God let Lola live longer so that we can have our turn in serving her. All these years she’s been taking care of us.”
       In today’s Gospel, Jesus reminds us that we will grow old someday. He knows what we need and gives us family, friends and even strangers through whom He can care for us. Let us look forward to these grace-filled years and embrace Jesus and all those who journey with us to the end. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made.” (Robert Browning)
 
Lord, I am getting older and will someday be old. Make me thoughtful but not moody, helpful but not bossy. Lord, I want a few friends at the end. Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places and the talents in unexpected people. And give me the grace to tell them so. (Prayer in Old Age by a 17th century nun)
 
St. Norbert, bishop, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive