A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

John 3:30 says, “He must increase; I must decrease.” Our weakness allows us to rely more on God’s power than our abilities - Daily Bible Reflections June 7,2014

NO RETIREMENT
FROM SERVICE
 
And he stayed two full years... preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all openness, unhindered. – Acts 28:30-31
 
       I thought my parents would “slow down” in their church and community service when they officially became “senior” citizens. I thought they would prefer a more relaxed lifestyle. They have been serving God in various capacities for more than 20 years already. I believe that they deserve the break.
       But they have proven me wrong. They continue to be members of not just one but two Catholic Charismatic communities. They travel to Naga City regularly as part of their service to the community. They lead evangelistic events, give talks and provide guidance to the local leaders. Their love for God continues to inspire me and others.
       In today’s reading, St. Paul was already in exile. He had every reason to slow down since he was already in prison. He could assume that God would understand his situation. Yet, he continued to preach and teach to the people around him. His current situation did not stop him from doing God’s work. His life is proof that God can use us no matter how limited we think we are. Alvin Fabella (John 3:30 says, “He must increase; I must decrease.” Our  weakness allows us to rely more on God’s power than our abilities.
 
Lord, empower me to continue doing the mission You have given me. Amen.
 
Servant of God Joseph Perez, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive