A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

When you feel a void in your heart, who do you turn to? Ask God to fill that void because He alone is enough - Daily Bible Reflections May 7,2014


PEDESTAL
 
“I am the bread of life,” Jesus told them. “Those who come to me will never be hungry; those who believe in me will never be thirsty.” – John 6:35
 
In the distant past, I had two failed romantic relationships. Or learning experiences, as some optimists would call them. They came one after the other. So the third time around, after taking five long years to heal, I began to analyze my patterns and reflect on my actions. “Where have I gone wrong, Lord?” I’d ask during my prayer time.
       He showed me how I had made my world revolve around those men while I rationalized my actions as merely showing my love and doing everything I could to make my current long-distance relationship work. He showed me how I had put him on a pedestal and how I expected him to meet all my emotional needs. The man God prepared for me is still human, somebody fallible who will disappoint me once in a while.
       “You see, my precious child, only I can give that to You. Only I can fill the void in your fragile heart,” was His answer to my cries and pleas. Solo Dios basta.God alone suffices. And so I find myself OK and happy once again, whether I have a man in my life or not. Ems Sy Chan (havenofleeanne@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: When you feel a void in your heart, who do you turn to? Ask God to fill that void because He alone is enough.
 
Father, I am heartily sorry for the times I didn’t make You number one in my heart. Help me change my ways, O God.
 
St. Rose Venerini, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive