A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

And remember, the truth that once was spoken, to love another person is to see the face of God - Daily Bible Reflections May 14,2014


Feast of St. Matthias, Apostle
 
THE BOOK, THE PLAY
AND THE MOVIE
 
“This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.” – John 15:12
 
       I’ve read the book. I’ve watched the play. I’ve seen the movie.
       I’m talking about Les Miserables, a story set in turbulent France. Jean Valjean gets jailed for a long time for stealing bread for his hungry nephews. Freed on parole, he faces discrimination. Desperate for sustenance and shelter, he is rescued from sleeping in a cemetery by the Monsignor who lives nearby. The latter offers hospitality and Jean repays him by stealing all the precious silver in the house. The police apprehend him and bring him back to the bishop for punishment. Instead, the bishop brings out two more candleholders and says, “My son, you have forgotten these.”
       This single act of love turns Jean’s life around. He decides to reform, become successful, and provide help to so many people. There is much more to this uplifting story.
       In all instances, the central message — that of Christ telling us to love one another, personified by the priest — never fails to grip my heart and soul. Always, I am led to tears. I realize that the reason I love and enjoy making friends is because I see and feel Him in others. Grace Relucio Princesa ( grprincesa@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “And remember, the truth that once was spoken, to love another person is to see the face of God.” (Finale, Les Miserables)
 
Dear Lord, may we always love one another the way You commanded and taught us, that we may see You in one another.
 
St. Matthias, Apostle, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive