A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

How do you usually take a break? When was your last retreat or recollection? - Daily Bible Reflections December 11,2013


TAKE A BREAK!

 
“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
 
Christmas break of 2011 was not a break at all for me. I brought home lots of work. Instead of spending it in quiet recollection, which I usually did in years past, I was working, catching up on deadlines.
       But one day, when I felt that my mind was getting drained and I could no longer write, I went out of the house and headed to the Greenbelt Chapel.
       There, I sat before the Crucified Christ and allowed Him to soothe my tired spirit.
    There, I went back to His arms and availed of the sacrament of reconciliation.
       There, I thanked Him for all the blessings and trials of the year about to end.
       There, I talked to Him of my hopes and wishes for the next year.
       After a few hours, I was back home — more at peace and inspired to face the coming year.
       Before the year 2013 ends, I hope to do it again and take a break in His presence. I hope you do, too. Tess V. Atienza (svp_tvatienza@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: How do you usually take a break? When was your last retreat or recollection?
 
Thank You, Lord Jesus, for always being there, ready to comfort me and soothe my sagging spirit.
 
St. Damasus I, pope, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive